Friday, November 13, 2009

Happy Friday! I'm sitting in humble adoration of our God. As I continue reading Exodus, God continues to speak to my heart. First I can totally relate to Moses' fear of what God has asked him to do. Sometimes God asks us to do things that are WAY beyond our capabilities and comfort zones but the amazing thing is that He has already made the way - we just have to put one foot in front of the other in obedience.

As I have read about Pharaohs rejection of Moses' requests to let the Israelites go, something else has stood out to me. Pharaoh says no to God, God brings forth plagues upon Pharaoh and the land, Pharaoh agrees and begs to have Moses pray for the plague to end, and then Pharaoh hardens his heart and says no again.

Oh how this reeks of my life! I go along on my own until something bad happens, beg to God for relief, and when all is good again, go back to my old ways until I need Him again. I guess Pharaoh and I have a lot in common!

Being a Christ Follower means following Christ ALL THE TIME. Not just when I'm hurting. Not just when I need help. Not just when I feel like it. It is a lifelong lifestyle. It is time to say yes!

Have a great day and a great weekend!

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: