Friday, November 20, 2009

Sniffles, congestion, coughing, full-blown flowage from the nose - pretty much sums it up. What, you ask? Me - thinking that I am unable to get sick and feeling fully confident of it as I cared for 10 sick babies on Tuesday at work. By Tuesday evening, I could feel it coming and then it was full-blown by Wednesday. When I returned to the preschool on Thursday, I ended up being sent home early because by shortly after lunch time, we only had 3 children due to illness. Well, I now have to admit that I am not SuperWoman being able to determine my own outcomes in life.

This also reminds me of how powerless I am in all of life without my total reliance on God. He is powerful - I am not. He is mighty - I am not. He is faithful - I am not. He is capable - I am not. I love the title of the book by Louie Giglio "I am not but I know I AM" - that pretty much sums it up!

As I prepare for our young adult group tonight and for doing a pulpit fill on Sunday, I am reminded once again of my insecurities and incapableness (I don't think that's a word but I'm using it anyway). Of myself, I cannot teach the Word of God in a way that sinks deep into the hearts of others but through the Holy Spirit, God can speak directly to them through my mouth.

What is my role? Be a life-long learner, prepare, be open, and say yes to anything God tells me to do.

That's it - simple but not easy!

Lord, thank you for Your Word and the way it transforms lives. Thank you Holy Spirit for residing in me, prompting, convicting and teaching. Thank you Jesus for being the Word become flesh. May You spill from me. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

Have a great day and a great weekend!

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: