Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Good morning my bloggy friends! I've been thinking about what God can teach us as we go through difficult times. Struggles in my past have taught me humility, perseverance, patience, and that God is faithful. A few things have stuck with me but others continue to be a struggle for me and God has to continuously teach me. I think I would endure a lot less hardship if I would just learn my lesson the first time but unfortunately I have a very thick and stubborn skull!

My newest struggle is to consistently be teaching my children the Word of God. As God has laid the importance of parental spiritual teaching on my heart, I have been convicted when I've thought of the times that I have fallen short.

Oh how I want to raise children that are so connected with God that they want to serve and obey Him every day of their lives but I fall short by not being the example that God wants me to be, not taking daily time to be in the Word with them, and not taking every opportunity to teach them a life lesson and how it applies to God's will.

I have repented of this short coming and asked God to give me great motivation and perseverance for this endeavor. I had the privilege of presenting a message last night at school on how it is the parents responsibility and not the church's responsibility to raise up spiritual champions.

Here's some things that I'm going to try:

Have a full fledged Bible study with our children at least once per week

When life happens, I will cease opportunities to share with our children how their situation or their response to the situation can be directed by the Word of God.

Use every opportunity to be a teaching lesson even when they roll their eyes at me

Purchase some Bible based games (Bible Trivia Pursuit or Bible Apples to Apples) and learn as we play

Now, don't get me wrong, live happens and things get crazy but I really want to be more intentional about taking the time to teach my children and I know that with the help of the prompting of the Holy Spirit, I can improve.

Have a great day!

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: