Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Today I was reading about the soldiers mocking Jesus before His crucifixion in Matthew 27:27-31. These guards took the time to strip Jesus of His clothes and put on Him a robe. Then they also took the time and effort to twist together a crown of thorns to put on His head and put a staff in His right hand. They made a game of mocking Him over His kingship. They then had to take His robe back off and put His clothes back on. My question was: why go to all the extra trouble just to make fun of someone?

Then it hit me - this wasn't just done to Jesus but is something we do on a regular basis. I am doing the same thing when I take time out of my day to gossip; I am doing the same thing when I make a snyd remark about someone each time I see them and then move out of hearing distance; I am doing the same thing when I repeatedly bring up past mistakes of others.

I am doing the same thing to Jesus because when I mock, hurt, gossip about, or judge others, I do it to Him. This thought brought conviction to my heart.

When we take the time to do these things and more, we are wasting time. If I say that I want to live a life of worship to God, these evils cannot be a part of it.

Lord, please forgive me for allowing my thoughts, actions and words to be filled with evil. Help me to remember that my life is to be worshipful to You and when I disobey, I am not bringing worship to You. Guide and direct my tongue. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: