Monday, October 5, 2009

Road Trip!

Good morning and happy Monday! :) Sorry if that's too cheery for you today, but I'm excited to share about a great day we had yesterday. After running around like crazy people last week, Mike and I decided that yesterday was going to be a family day. We checked the Internet for some places to take the kids with free admission and hit the road. We left for our road trip about 10 am and returned about 7 pm. We traveled all over the lower central Illinois region. Here's some pics of the fun:
Crazy kids in the car
The fam at Dickson Mounds

Mike and I in the school house at New Salem
Mike and Nate at New Salem
Liz and I in the outhouse (guess we should have closed the door!)

We also toured the countryside, campgrounds, and state parks but I have to say, the best part was just being together with no agendas or interruptions. Life gets too crazy sometimes and we need to take time to just be together.
I hope you take the time today to appreciate your family
Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: