Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's Polly Pocket mania!!! I'd been meaning to go through and organize my daughter's Polly Pocket tub for quite some time and last night was the time. She's had boxes of American Girl and Polly Pocket stuff laying around that she's just to "cool" to play with anymore. So, being the "get-everything-out-of-my-house-that-is-not-being-used" kind of mom that I am, I got everything ready to either sell or give away. I didn't find anything unusual in the American Girl tub, but I did in Polly Pocket's. A long-lost Nintendo DS Lite charger (which I previously replaced), a remote control monster truck battery charger, a hand-held Tetris game and a Merry Christmas sign were all mixed up in what was supposed to be in the tub. I thought to myself - this is how my life is alot of the time and easily can be during this Christmas season. What I'm "supposed" to do and who I'm "supposed" to be often takes precedence over what God wants. There are always "extras" running around in my head and heart that really shouldn't be there. I want this Christmas time to be focused on Christ, the true reason for the season. Make the choice with me to stay strong against what the world tells us about Christmas and use this time to truly worship.

Back to our study of James. Vs. 12 "But above all, my brethren, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or with any other oath; but your yes is to be yes, and your no, no, so that you may not fall under judgement."

Are you a trustworthy person? Do others expect only the truth from you? Do you exaggerate or lie? By avoiding lies, half-truths, and omissions of truth, you will become known as a trustworthy person.

The other day, I was telling my husband about how angry I was because our puppies had shredded the foam/leather seat on our go-cart. I told him "It's gone - totally gone!" He didn't say much and I wondered why he wasn't as mad as I was. About a week later, he comes to me and says "I just saw the go-cart seat - I can't believe the whole thing is gone!" And the conversation continues:
Me: "Why are you so surprised? I already told you that there was nothing left of it!"
Him: "I know you did, but I thought you were just making it sound worse than it really was."

Ouch! If my own husband can't totally believe each word that comes from my mouth, how could I expect anyone else to?

Like the vs said, let you yes be yes and your no, no. It's as simple as that.

Let only truth come from your mouth - the truth, truly sets us free

Have a great day

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: