Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Good morning - and what a good morning it is in the Todd house. Our Nathan has woke pain free for two mornings. His doctor gave us some pills to try for his stomach which he has taken the last two days. We're waiting to see if this is just another good couple days or if the meds are working. Either way, we're so glad to see him up, about and going to school. Praise God for His faithfulness.

Last week at our Bible study, my reaction to others' pain came up. In a very loving way, I was told that I probably should work on having a little more compassion with others. See, I was brought up with a motto of "suck it up and move on" and find this is the way I tend to see life. The older I get, the worse it seems to get. I know that when I'm down and out, I really need someone to come along and give me a good kick in the behind to get me going again. So, I assume that's what everyone else needs - right??!!

Being strong minded can be good at times, but it makes me miss out on so many opportunities to show God's love to others. Sometimes, people may need a good kick in the pants, but many times, they just need to be listened to and loved on.

Overcoming emotions has been a huge obstacle in my life but God continues to work on me. It really doesn't matter what we feel or what we want to do, but how God feels and what He wants us to do. This is a minute by minute fight for me on some days. Guess what - it's not about me and it's not about you! We really have to learn to get over ourselves!

All of this came to mind this morning as I read 2 Timothy 2:1-10 "Be Strong". Vs. 1 says this "You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus." Check out the commentary:
How can someone be strong in grace? Grace means undeserved favor. Just as we are saved by grace, we should live by grace. This means trusting completely in Christ and His power, and not trying to live for Christ in our strength alone. Receive and utilize Christ's power. He will give you the strength to do His work.

GOOD STUFF!!!

Have a great day
Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: