Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I just finished reading "The Shack". I was hesitant at first, about reading it, when my mother-in-law gave it to me. I read books that I can learn from, so I'm not ususally in to reading fiction but oh, I'm so glad I did. WOW. It was one of those that I could barely bring myself to put down. It is fiction, but it's not. You will have to check it out to see why. I can't tell you that it is totally biblical, but what I can tell you is that it can give you new perspective on your view of the Trinity. I'm a better person for reading it and I encourage you to read it. It will be worth your while. www.theshackbook.com

Now, back to our study of James - you didn't think/hope I had forgotten did you?

9-11 "Do not complain, brethren, against one another, so that you yourselves may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing right at the door. As an example, brethren, of suffering and patience, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. We count those blessed who endured. You have heard of the endurance of Job and have seen the outcome of the Lord's dealings, that the Lord is full of compassion and is merciful."

Oh no! This is a hard one - do not complain. Not only, do not complain, but do not complain against one another (your brothers and sisters in Christ). Ouch. O.K., here we go - I can say that I'm not much of a complainer but when I do complain, oh do I complain. I'm normally an easy going person, but get me on a rampage and watch out! I normally complain the most to my husband (about him, my children and others). I guess it's easy because he's there. But when you continue on, I am reminded that I really have nothing to complain about. When I think of all that God's prophets/followers went through, my complaints seem so stupid.

Negative thinking seems to be so much easier than positive but we do have the option. Have you ever considered complaining only to God? He wants to be involved in every aspect of our lives - even when we are in the negative mode. Instead of sharing negativity with others around us, let's learn to keep it between us and God. I have a feeling that the negativity will diminish as our communion with God increases.

"We count those blessed who endured"

Have a great day

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: