Thursday, December 4, 2008

Happy Thursday on this frosty cold morning! My husband and I have been plowing snow this week. Even though it has only snowed a couple days, we have to clear out what the wind has blown back in each day. He uses the tractor with a large front snow blower and I get the manual snow blower to use on the smaller areas like sidewalks. This morning, he got up at 4 to start and by the time, I rolled out of bed at 4:30, he had already done my part so I wouldn't have to. What a sweetheart, I live with! I was quite happy to just go right back into my warm bed for another 1/2 hour. Now, it's time for tag backs and I'll have to think of something special to do for him. I really like this kind of TAG!

James 5:13-15 "Is anyone among you suffering? Then he must pray. Is anyone cheerful? He is to sing praises. Is anyone among you sick? Then he must call for the elders of the church and they are to pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him."

Here's a simple recap:
When you are suffering - pray
When you are cheerful - sing praises (aka giving thanks to God - prayer)
When you are sick - pray

Do you see the common factor here??? PRAYER

There is never a reason not to pray. Talking with God needs to be a continuous action in our lives. For me, prayer isn't just a sit down-eyes closed-hands folded- time but a continuous conversation with my Lord. Now, I'm not saying that we shouldn't stop, quiet ourselves and pray but I'm saying that it doesn't always have to be that way. Make prayer a way of life - God wants to be a part of every aspect of our lives. There is nothing too small or too big for our Lord.

Also, another great point that I gleaned from my Bible's commentary:
Vs. 15 "The prayer offered in faith" does not refer to the faith of the sick person, but to the faith of the people praying. God heals, faith doesn't, and all prayers are subject to God's will. But our prayers are part of God's healing process. That is why God often waits for our prayers of faith before intervening to heal a person.

Good stuff!!! Oh - and don't forget to stop by tomorrow, I have a surprise for you!

Keep warm and have a great day

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: