Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy Monday my bloggy friends!! I'm looking out my kitchen window at an extremely large spider hanging on it's web. It's been there for a couple of days now. I've seen alot of spiders over the weekend, because I had to cut off most of my flowers. You see, our puppies have so enjoyed laying on and playing in everything green in my yard that everything has been flattened. May I ask again - who wanted those puppies, anyway??!!! Sorry, I got a little off track, there. O.K., back to the spiders - what I see as terribly scary and ugly creatures, God made for good. What I usually don't think about, is that they keep all the other nasty little bugs under control. Again, my perspective is sometimes altered and I have to remember that God knows what is best.

My husband and I normally get up at 5:00am during the week. Our daughter began morning basketball practice a week ago and now gets up at 4:30. Even though he misses that extra 1/2 hour of sleep, my sweet husband volunteered to get up with her and drive her into town to catch her ride to practice. He told me that, at first, he felt it to be somewhat of an inconvenience, but realizes now, that he really enjoys the time that he can spend with our daughter, alone, each morning. See, again, our perspective is so often altered until we see God's purpose.

I believe God has a purpose for everything. He has a reason, we just can't always understand it. He can make good out of all things - are you looking for the good?

In Acts 27, Paul is on his way to Rome. His boating journey is quite crazy as he boards and unboards many times. The seas become dangerous with major storms and the crew decides to look for land to spend the winter on. They were tired and hungry but Paul has some encouragement for them. In vs. 22-25 Paul explains "Yet now I urge you to take heart, for there will be no loss of life among you, but only of the ship. For this very night there stood before me an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I worship, and he said, 'Do not be afraid, Paul; you must stand before Caesar. And behold, God has granted you all those who sail with you. So take heart, men, for I have faith in God that it will be exactly as I have been told."

Yes Yes Yes! Paul comes through again, oh how I long to have the faith of this man! Reread that last sentance again - "so take heart, men, for I have faith in God that it will be exactly as I have been told."

Do you and I have that kind of faith? Do you believe, without a shadow of a doubt, that God's promises are true? Do you trust Him so deeply that you can be confident enough to tell others that He will do exactly as He has said?

The angel told Paul, not to be afraid. Maybe his human side was beginning to fear, maybe he was really afraid - but after the assurance by his Heavenly Father, he is bold, once again.

God's assurance and affirmations can give us all the boldness and confidence we need. Are you listening for them in His Word and in your heart?

Just like my and my husband's altered perception, Paul doesn't really know why he needs to go to Rome, but he does know that God wants him to be there. Even with our limited understanding, we must be confident that our God knows exactly what He is doing. He has a purpose and a plan for each of us.

Are you trusting Him?

Living fearlessly
Christie

No comments: