Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Good morning all my bloggy friends! I hope this day finds you feeling great and prepared to serve our Lord.

As I write this post, I am watching 2 of my daycare children spin around in circles. I thought to myself, I have got myself into alot of trouble this way - as they spin, it is fun and exciting but the aftermath of dizziness makes you wish that you hadn't had so much fun.

While I was waiting for my internet to return so we could get back to Jonah, I was studying in Proverbs. The first four chapters brought much insight on wisdom. Two of my favorite verses in Proverbs is 3:5&6 but as the read the next two verses, I was impacted. Vs. 7&8 "Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord, and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones."

Check this out! Those short term happy and good feelings that we receive when we are in the midst of our favorite sin, cannot compare to turning away from that evil and having God bring healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones.

I was just discussing with a friend yesterday, about how there is no greater feeling than being consumed by the love and peace of God. No drug or sin could ever produce a greater feeling. Why seek these temporary fixes when we could have the peace of God at all times? It is our choice. For me, the guilt that consumes me when in the midst of or after sin, is not something that I enjoy. Consider this guilt before you make your choice, its condemning feeling comes from the prompting of the Holy Spirit.

Proverbs 4:11-15
I have taught you the way of wisdom; I have led you in the paths of uprightness. When you walk, your step will not be hampered, and if you run, you will not stumble. Keep hold of instruction; do not let go; guard her, for she is your life. Do not enter the path of the wicked, and do not walk in the way of the evil. Avoid it; do not go on it; turn away from it and pass on.

What choice will you make?

Living fearlessly
Christie

No comments: