Friday, September 5, 2008

Good Friday morning to you all! I checked our rain gauge this morning, and it showed we got 3 1/4 inches yesterday! Wow, that's alot of rain but we sure needed it. I guess that means we'll probably have to start mowing again. :)

I was sitting at the table with my daycare kids yesterday while they ate their snack. My 4 year old becomes very serious and with hands on her hips, exclaims "Christie, my parents just don't listen to me!" Trying not to laugh, I told her that her parents don't have to listen to her but she must listen to and obey them. With a very straight face, she tells me "I like it better when my parents listen to me."

Oh, from the mouths of babes! After thinking about our conversation, I realized that I don't think much differently from this 4 year old. How easy it is for me to say that I always want God's will for my life - until, I want something different. I like it much better when God wants the same thing that I do but at times have dug my heels in when He wanted something different. I have found though, that the only way for God and I to desire the same thing is for me to open my heart and mind to Him so He can change me.

Remember, just as our parents tried to do what was best for us as children, God knows what's best for you because He created you and He also, is the only One who knows the future.

Now, on to Acts 26

King Agrippa gives Paul the floor to state his case. Our faithful friend, again, takes the opportunity to explain himself by giving his testimony. His heart truly longed for everyone to hear the Good News. Even when governer Festus, yells out "Paul, you are out of your mind; your great learning is driving you out of your mind!", he is not swayed. He calmly responds and proceeds on.

In verse 28, King Agrippa asks Paul "In a short time would you persuade me to be a Christian?"

Check out Paul's response "Whether short or long, I would to God that not only you but also all who hear me this day might become such as I am - except for these chains." He is so passionate about bringing others to Christ! He inspires me to be more bold!

When they had withdrawn themselves, they said "This man is doing nothing to deserve death or imprisonment." "This man could have been set free if he had not appealed to Ceasar."

This could have been a disappointing statment to you and I but remember Paul knows that God also wants him to testify in Rome. He is on his way to right where God wants him to be.

His plans are so good for us - even when we can't see it!!

Have a great day and a great weekend!!

Living Fearlessly
Christie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny story from the 4-year-old. Good writing, Christie!

Pastor Brian