Friday, September 14, 2007

We were discussing how Christians have the assurance of going to heaven last night at our Bible study. I recalled how several years ago, I was asked by our pastor if I was going to heaven. At that point, I wasn't really sure - I thought that I had to act alot better than I did to deserve to go to heaven. So I answered "I hope so". He explained to me that we have the assurance of going to heaven when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior into our hearts and make the commitment to live for Him. Not wanting to just take his word for it, I began to dig into the truth of God's word.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. "

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God.

John 17:3 "This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent."

Romans 8:9-11 That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved: for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed."

I became truly free the day I realized that I could not earn my way to heaven and that nothing I do or don't do can change God's love for me. His love for me and you never changes! How amazing and wonderful is that??!!

No comments: