Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I wanted to share with you a very impactful message that I read in "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren.

What drives your life?

Are you driven by guilt? We are products of our past, but we don't have to be prisoners of it.

Are you driven by anger and resentment? Those who have hurt you cannot continue to hurt you now, unless you hold on to the pain.

Are you driven by fear? Fear is a self-imposed prison that will keep you from becoming what God intends for you to be.

Are you driven by materialism? Self-worth and net-worth are not the same.

Are you driven by a need for approval? Being controlled by the opinions of others is a guaranteed way to miss God's purposes for your life.


Unfortunately, my choices in life have been driven by all of these things at one time or another. I continue to pray each day that my life choices will be driven by my relationship with God, but when I realize that they are not, I will choose to ask God to pick me back up and start over again.

No comments: