Thursday, September 6, 2007

I receive a daily devotional from Proverbs 31 Ministries. Yesterday's really impacted me and I wanted to share a synopsis with you. Melanie Chitwood wrote about how she sees so many Christian marriages in trouble. She and her husband used to be one of those struggling marriages but she finally realized one day that she had to surrender her marriage to God, if it was to be what He wanted and created it to be. By studying the Bible and asking God to show her what kind of wife He wanted her to be, and applying what she learned, she now has a marriage that is thriving instead of surviving.
This really struck me because my marriage, too, has been a great struggle at times. I had found myself focusing on how hard it was instead of how to make it better. God has shown me that the only way to have the marriage He planned for me, is to invite Him to be in the center of it - always - not just when it's convenient or when I want to. I hope this can be an encouragement to us all to allow our marriages to thrive instead of survive.

No comments: