Tuesday, September 25, 2007

God made us and He gave us emotions but He also gave us self-control in order to overide our emotions when they are out of check. God gave us emotions, but He doesn't want us to be controled by them. I have lived most of my life making choices based on my feelings. What God has taught me is that His truth must overide what I feel. It doesn't matter if I feel like doing something or not, if He tells me to, I need to do it and if He tells me not to, I shouldn't be doing it. Living for God means doing alot of things that you don't feel like doing. He tells us to love our neighbor as ourselves - yes, there are times when I don't feel like loving my neighbor, but I have to make the choice to do it anyway. Just like God's love is unconditional, our love must be unconditional to Him and others. Having this unconditional love for others means you will have to do alot of things you don't always feel like doing - guarding your mouth, listening intently, being slow to anger, being compassionate and kind, giving of yourself, not being selfish, not being prideful, and anything and everything else that shows unconditional love. It is not easy, but it will be pleasing to God. Listen to God instead of your "feelings".

No comments: