Thursday, September 27, 2007

God is really trying to teach me not to live by my emotions. He continuously puts things in front of my face to remind me. He knows how slow and hard-headed I am. Here's what He put in front of me to read yesterday: "The Secret to Livelong Love" Too often, "as long as we both shall live", turns into "as long as we both shall love". In the Bible, the word love often refers to action - something we do rather than something we feel. Scripture defines love as selfless giving to others or as demonstrating kindness, patience, humility, and commitment in relationships. A love shared with a marriage partner goes beyond emotions. This love involves commitment. It means putting the needs of another above your own: "It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth." (1 Corinthians 13:5-6)

No comments: