Monday, September 17, 2007

I've been thinking alot lately about friendships. Are all friendships good? Are all friendships profitable? In the past, I honestly had never considered ending friendships due to their effect on me. I'm not talking about being friendly to others we come in contact with, but true deep friendship with another person. I began thinking about people that I spend alot of time with and how they affected me.


I read a message written by our pastor that shed light on the subject on what kind of friend am I at http://www.saworship.com/ (Becoming A True Friend). I want to be a friend that encourages others because that's the kind of friend that I want. My best friend is willing to love me no matter what - willing to encourage with love and love me enough to be honest with me even when it may hurt.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing.
My Bible commentary:
As you near the end of a long race, your legs ache, your throat burns, and your whole body cries out for you to stop. This is when friends and fans are most valuable. Their encouragement helps you push through the pain to the finish line. In the same way, Christians are to encourage one another. A word of encouragement offered at the right moment can be the difference between finishing well and collapsing along the way. Look around you. Be sensitive to others' need for encouragement, and offer supportive words or actions.

What kind of friend are you?

No comments: