Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I was reading chapter 20 of Matthew this morning and in verses 26-28, Jesus explained that we should not seek to be served but to serve just like He did while He was on this earth. I recalled about times in my past that as a leader, I failed at this. I can see now that we should have this servant attitude all the time, but especially when we are in a leadership position because we are setting an example to those we are leading.
Living in a society of "you deserve it" type mentality, we can so easily fall into serving ourselves and making our focus to get everything we think we deserve. But Jesus reminds us many times in His Word to not be self-centered, but Christ-centered.
The more we desire to be like Christ, the easier this will become. Ask yourself, who am I serving today, God and others or myself?

No comments: