Monday, October 15, 2007

We're back and ready to tackle the week. I always seem refreshed after camping, that is until I notice the huge pile of laundry waiting for me. Oh well, it is all worth it. Yesterday, my daughter asked me about Hebrews 4:15 (For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.) She was confused as to what it meant. I explained to her that before Jesus died on the cross and rose again, people had to go through the high priest in order to ask God for forgiveness from their sins. But after Jesus, we can go to God anytime - we now can have a personal, intimate relationship with Him through Jesus. But the cool thing about this verse is that it goes on to explain that Jesus can sympathize with us when we are tempted to sin! He has been through it all Himself. The difference is that He did not fall to the temptations and we do. But it was a good reminder to me, that when I think that no one else could ever understand what I am going through, that He can. He's been there, done that. Just another assurance that I am never alone.

No comments: