Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I was discussing purity of our words with some friends. The Bible speaks alot about controlling our tongue. This is a great struggle for me. Most of the time, my mouth seems to run faster than my brain. I have spent many conversations with my foot in my mouth. As I have tried to do better at controlling my tongue, I have found that it is easier with others than with my husband. My gossiping and discouraging tongue was getting better while with my friends, but I was still going home to "let it all out" to my husband. I couldn't stand not telling someone! This is not right either! My desire to know all and tell all is very frustrating to me. I decided to memorize scripture that I could think on when the urge hits me to open my mouth.
Romans 12:14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
Ephesians 4:29 Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.

No comments: