Monday, January 11, 2010

Our God is an awesome God! I continue to rejoice over our son giving his life to Christ and then being baptized on Sunday. I can't use words to explain the joy that I felt when both of our children accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior - it is just unexplainable.

Accepting Christ as your Lord means that you want Him to be the center of your life - your focus.
As I read in Exodus 34 today, I thought about something - God told Moses to come up on Mt. Sinai so He could give him a new set of tablets with the Ten Commandments inscribed on them since Moses had broke his other set in anger. Moses had went up on Mt Sinai the first time for 40 days and 40 nights, when he returned he stayed 40 days and 40 nights. Verse 28 says "Moses was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water."
Now, that is some major focus!
I have a hard-enough time taking a few minutes out of my day to read the Bible and pray but to spend 40 days and 40 nights in the presence of God would be an amazing experience!
What is taking your focus from God?
Has busyness consumed your life and kept your focus somewhere else than where it should be?
Make the choice to take time to readjust your focus today
Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie



No comments: