Thursday, January 21, 2010

Good morning my bloggy friends! I've missed you! This working full-time has really but a damper on my blogging! Yep, I said it, I'm finally working full-time after 5 months of not having a job and to boot, I love my job!! :) I'm here blogging today because the preschool that I'm working at is closed today. The other teachers and I spent most of our day yesterday cleaning up vomit and diarrhea as we sent many children home with the stomach flu. I got the call this morning that the owner and 1/2 of the teachers have it now. I'm praying that I don't get included!!

I've begun a new class at school called "Dynamics of self-leadership" and I'm learning alot about how to choose important things over urgent things and how to make more time for spiritual disciplines like study, submission, service, prayer, fasting, simplicity and solitude. I'm beginning to realize that I need to keep myself in strong connection with God if I want to help others connect with Him. I tend to give so much of myself to others that I become spent and burnt out because I don't take any refueling time for myself.

We also have been learning about how to keep an eternal perspective on the choices that we make. There are so many things that I get worked up over that have no eternal impact - they just really don't matter in the long term. I want to live a life that truly focuses on the eternal since I am currently living my eternal life and so are you if you are a Christian.

One last note, cause this is a biggie - Gossip is a symptom of not feeling full in Christ. We gossip about others because it makes us feel better. We want worth and when we don't feel worthy, we focus on the faults of others so that we feel better about ourselves.

Our worth doesn't come from how we feel or from what others do, our worth comes from the fact that we are created by God in unique and magnificent ways. Our worth comes from knowing that, as Christians, we are children of God - princes and princesses of the King.

Are you willing to make the commitment not to gossip? Are you willing to find your worth in God and not go searching for it elsewhere?

I've loved having the time to catch back up with you! I hope that your day is wonderful and that we can talk again soon!

Keep your faith - we win in the end!

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: