Friday, January 8, 2010

Good morning and happy Friday my bloggy friends! :) Looks like the night added a couple more inches of snow to our count of 6 from the day before. Although the snow causes inconveniences, there is nothing more beautiful than watching it fall and covering everything with a blanket of sparkling white. It reminds me of God's grace and how His sweet forgiveness covers all my sin. I was writing about how even though we sin so many times, God still loves us for an upcoming speaking engagement and came up with:

We make mistakes, big and small, but the grace of God covers them all.

I guess I'm a poet and didn't even know it!! :)

I start a new class on Tuesday and as I was working on homework yesterday, I read some very thought-provoking things. I was reading about different spiritual disciplines that need to be a part of all our lives.

Here's a section on study:
"Many Christians remain in bondage to fears and anxieties simply because they do not avail themselves of the Discipline of study. They may be faithful in church attendance and earnest in fulfilling their religious duties, and still they are not changed. I am not here speaking only of those who are going through mere religious forms, but of those who are genuinely seeking to worship and obey Jesus Christ as Lord and Master. They may sing with gusto, pray in the Spirit, live as obediently as they know, even receive divine visions and revelations, and yet the tenor of their lives remains unchanged. Why? Because they have never taken up one of the central ways God uses to change us: study. Jesus made it unmistakably clear that the knowledge of the truth will set you free. (John 8:32)" Celebration of Discipline by Richard J Foster

Hope that gives you something to chew on til we meet again.

Have a great day and a great weekend!

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: