Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thank you, thank you for all of you that have been praying for me and my struggles with my current class. Monday night's session went really well and I could feel your prayers. I learned something really cool that I hadn't thought about before. We were discussing the parables of the lost sheep and the lost coin in Luke 15 and the parable of the sower in Matthew 13.

Our professor asked what is humanly absurd about these parables. As I looked I realized that if I had one hundred sheep that would make me money, I wouldn't leave 99 of them to find one because I would risk losing the 99.

If I had a coin so valuable to me (assuming that I was poor and really needed it)that I would search high and low to find it, when I did find it I wouldn't invite all my friends and neighbors over for a party and spend the money.

If I was a farmer and wanted to make the most on my crops I would be careful where I spread my seeds and definitely wouldn't spread them where they could land on rocks or thistles.

In human terms, each parable seems crazy but in God's eyes they make total sense which is why Jesus shared them.

If we run away from God, He is willing to search for and seek us because of His amazing love.

When we have gone away but through God's seeking we come back, God doesn't hold a grudge but rejoices in being in communion with us.

God spreads His love seed everywhere, He does not discriminate, but it is our choice as to what kind of soil we are going to be.

Some things about God may seem absurd and confusing to us but we can always be assured that His way is the best way and putting aside our own understanding opens the door to a life lived in faithfulness.

Have a great day

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: