Friday, December 11, 2009

Everybody else is doing it!

If I don't I'll look like a freak!

Its not THAT bad.

If so and so can do it, why can't I?

I don't want to upset anyone.

God will forgive me.

I'll do it just this once.

I'll do better tomorrow or next week.

Do any of these sound familiar? They sure do to me because I've used each one when I'm looking to justify my evil actions. Here's a thought:

If I have to justify what I am doing, I should not being doing it in the first place!!

God has placed the Holy Spirit within us for many reasons, but one of those reasons is to convict us. There is a reason that we are feeling guilty about sinning and have a need to justify our actions - because God's sweet Spirit is trying to help us to follow Him.

Exodus 23:2
Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...

Will you make the choice to listen to the Spirit today??

Have a great day and a great weekend
Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post, Christie!

Pastor Brian