Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I've been listening to the book "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan on my drive home from school each week. As I listened last night, I realized something about myself. I live in a cycle of being totally consumed and fulfilled by God and then falling into seeking other things in life to fulfill me. There is a void in my heart that can only be filled by God but I can so easily fall into trying to fill it with material things, the approval of others, achievements, etc. My last cycle has been being content with my home and what I have in it but recently have found myself spending money on it that I don't have. I've wondered why my heart has went from contentment to discontentment but haven't gone much further. It hit me last night - the reason I am spending money on unneeded things is because I'm searching again to fill my void with "things" instead of God. I've decided that each time I want something unneeded and am ready to shop, I will instead spend that time with God.

I love the way that God is so faithful! I'm so thankful that His love for me never changes even when I go seeking something else to take His place.
Thank you, Lord, for your forgiveness, grace and mercy!

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: