Friday, September 17, 2010

Good morning my bloggy friends! After seeing that its been two months since I've blogged, I'm feeling quite guilty. Yes, I am still alive and yes, God continues to shape and mold me through this little thing called life.
About eight weeks ago, I began having major pain in my neck, left shoulder, and left arm. When I say major, I mean not going to work, laying in bed all day kind of major. After trying chiropractor care and lots of different kinds of drugs without relief, I saw a neuro surgeon on a Friday and had neck surgery the following Monday (August 23). So, its been almost 4 weeks since my surgery and I am happy to say that I felt immediate relief and continue to recover well.
During the time of my recovery, I've had lots of time to spend with God. Our time together has been so precious and I've learned so much. In the whirlwind of a life I typically live, I find myself always looking for a quick fix to any problem I may encounter. I mean, who has time to deal with problems??? God placed me in the first three chapters of Proverbs for about two weeks to show me the importance of seeking wisdom. In James 1:5, God offers wisdom to those who ask for it. Proverbs shares the blessings of seeking wisdom and the consequences of not. God helped me realize that I must seek wisdom in everything. I must seek wisdom first, not after I've tried my own thing and screwed it all up. God is willing to give it to me - all I have to do is seek it and then actually obey once He gives it to me. Simple enough, right?
Well, my problem is taking the time to seek it. Will you pray with me that we will take the time to listen for God's wisdom?

Our small group has been reading the book Radical by David Platt and I have to say it has opened my eyes to many things. I highly recommend it. One thing it has led our group to do more of is - see a need, meet the need. We began by serving in our community by helping some people with home repair and gave school supplies to some needy families. Then, we became aware of a need outside our community.

Join our small group (a group of young adults in Central IL) as we seek to find 475 people who will give $20 each in order to build a well for the kids at Plan Escalon campus in La Entrada, Honduras! WILL YOU CONSIDER GIVING $20?What is $20 to us today, in 2010 in the US... well, I could think of a lot of things and if we each make one sacrifice, we can make this happen!

If you would like to join us go to www.lifesongfororphans.org and click on donate and make sure you put Honduras Well in the description box. You can also find out more about Lifesong for Orphans, the children they provide for, and other opportunities for you to serve along side them at the website. And if you are on Facebook, check out our group at Godabuildawell.

Also, check out this amazing post at our friends, Dan and Christi Ucherek's blog
http://godetchedyourname.blogspot.com/2010/09/while-we-wait.html

God is on the move!
God is working in so many lives!
God loves you no matter what is happening around you!
God is good all the time and all the time God is good! (even when you don't understand!)

Are you saying yes to His calling? Or is fear keeping you safe in your comfort zone? I can say from experience that He can be trusted. He is faithful but how will you know until you say yes? Say yes before you even know what He is going to ask and get ready for an amazing adventure!

Are you afraid? Do it anyway!!

OK, I've said my piece for now. Have a great day!

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: