Thursday, October 30, 2008

Good morning my bloggy friends! And what a beautiful morning it is, as I watch the sky turn shades of pink, orange and yellow as the sun rises.

My girlfriend was over last night and she asked me to give her a pedicure. I decided that could be fun and I wanted to try this new scraper (I can't remember what it is offically called) I had purchased. Never using one before, I started out going slow and soft on the bottoms of her feet. It was tickling her like crazy and not doing much good, so she instructed me to push harder. Hope this isn't grossing you out - but as I did, her calloused skin started peeling off in large chunks - it was so cool! The more I got the hang of it, the faster and harder I went. I got done with her soles and started on her big toe, when she yelled and I saw the blood start to flow. Whoops - I guess I got a little carried away when I took a big chunk out of her big toe. I bet that is the last time she asks me to give her a pedicure.

Unfortunately, I have this tendancy in other areas too - my husband is always complaining about how when I get excited over something and jump into it, every thing and every one else seems to fade to the background. I have really been working hard at overcoming this hindrance but I guess my enthusiasm got the best of me again last night. My friend shared that it is still bleeding and hurting this morning. I assured her that I'll try harder to control myself next time! :)

On to the study of James - at least this part shouldn't gross you out!

James 1:6-8 "But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. For that man ought not to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord, being a douuble-minded man, unstable in all his ways."

NAS Bible commentary: To "ask in faith without any doubting" means not only believing in the existence of God, but also believing in His loving care. It includes relying on God and expecting that He will hear and answer when we pray. We must put away our critical attitude when we come to Him. God does not grant every thoughtless or selfish request. We must have confidence that God will align our desires with His purpose.

Do you believe that God will do what's best for you? Do you pray in a way that shows God that you trust His will? Do you think about what God's plan may be before you ask for what you want?

We must pray in faith, knowing that only God knows the future - we do not. Do not allow doubt to interfere with your prayers. God never breaks a promise. He never fails or forsakes His followers. Trust in the One who is trustworthy.

Have a great day

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: